Friday, October 08, 2004

Travels Through the Blogosphere

Image Hosted by imagehosting.usEvery few days I take a 15 or 20 minute totally random tour through the Blogosphere, at least blogspot’s appreciable corner of it, using their “next blog” button to visit other blogs at random. I’ve only found a handful that were interesting and only one worth revisiting (I’m not sure how well my modest blog would fair on some stranger’s random blog trip!) It's also been fun to note how quickly memes spread through the blogosphere, especially the good kind, like how the White House backed off about outsourcing torture and about President Bush the Younger being wired during the debates. In the latter case, I'm sure the attention in the blogosphere generated many letters to Congresspeople and putting pressure on the administration to confirm or deny their support; in the latter case, hopefully some brave (and soon to be deceased) reporter will question Bush the Younger before the election.

Anyway, with no further ado and keeping in mind that the methods leading to the following observations are less than rigorous, here’s a few things I’ve noticed so far:

  • There are numerous blogs in Spanish and French and many from Singapore.
  • I see one new blog (say, less than a week old) for nearly every two or three established blogs.
  • There is a surprising number of evangelical Christian blogs that appear to be well linked to each other. This ascary me.
  • Right wing blogs appear to outnumber progressive blogs.
  • There are very few smutty blogs. At least ones worth visiting.
  • I can understand about 50% of the blogs written by people under 18. In other news, I’m officially fucking old.

Thanks HTTF.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny, nearly all the blogs I've read were smutty and marvelously so...

And mostly [with one exception] written by folks in their early-mid 30's, or at least late 20's.

-hurtstotouchfire

2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home