Monday, September 13, 2004

Jesus Saves (you money)


This gem arrived in my junk mail folder this morning. Normally I just detete this stuff, but who can resist a Dying Jesus being crucified against an American flag? OK, Christians are supposed to be nice; they couldn't be any worse than the heathens from whom I purchased my initial mortgage. Hmmmm, let's take a look at the fine print....

If he has exacted usury Or taken increase -- Shall he then live? He shall not live! If he has done any of these abominations, He shall surely die; His blood shall be upon him. (Ezekiel 18:13)

OK, now I'm REALLY confused....I mean, I want a home equity loan, but I don't want to be on the wrong side of the Jebus, especially not a Jebus that might have the occasional breakfast with Mr Ashcroft.

I suppose there’s probably some “out” in the New Testament, there usually is. Still, I didn’t think looking for refinancing required full scale Biblical exegesis. Sheesh, and I thought credit reporting agencies were tough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home